This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VeggieNewYear #CollectiveBias
Good Morning and welcome back! HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! I can’t believe how fast 2017 flew by….I mean super fast. Right now everyone is in a healthy place and wanting to keep things light in the new year. I love this time of year because everyone is so full of light and hope. My husband and I are no different; we too are looking for healthier options to incorporate in our daily meals. We have thrown around the meatless option a few times but have yet to commit. Recently we decided to try a couple of MorningStar Farms® products to see if they were a good fit…..and guess what? They were! MorningStar Farms products are a great option to help you reach your wellness goals in the new year. The MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties can totally pass for the meaty version. You have to Taste It To Believe It! I was pleasently surprised that both my husband and myself were fans. It is also important to mention that MorningStar Farms products are not just for vegetarians, they are for everyone! You can learn more about MorningStar Farms® by clicking here
If you don’t know much about MorningStar Farms® products you should know that their products are an “as is” meal solution. They are a healthier alternative to your everyday meat products. Click here for savings from Ibotta!
We also enjoyed trying the MorningStar Farms® Sausage, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches! Great to grab while on the run. MorningStar Farms® veggie sausage with plant protein power is the better for you way to start your morning off right.
I actually purchased ALL of my products from Walmart! If you’ve been following my blog for a while you know I love those one stop shop kinda stores.
I decided to create a recipe around the sausage to really give it an opportunity to shine. I love enchiladas so I created breakfast enchiladas using the Sausage Patties, egg whites, cheese, and a few other ingredients. This recipe is totally easy to make and doesn’t take much time once you get everything prepped.
As I said this recipe is super simple so lets get started! First we make the filling so lets cook up that sausage and those egg whites. Make sure to crumble the Sausage Patties so that it distributes evenly that way.
Make sure to crumble the Sausage Patties so that it distributes evenly that way.
Next lets make the enchilada sauce. Now this is in no way authentic but it is super tasty! Combine the cream of chicken, low fat sour cream, and fat free chicken broth to a saucepan with all the spices. Let it heat through and make sure to stir so everything is well combined.
Next we want to add bulk to our enchiladas so lets prep our veggies! Avocado, tomato, and red onion.
Next we assemble our enchiladas. See I told you this was easy 😉 grab your tortilla ( I chose flour), shredded cheese, sausage patties crumbles, egg whites, and enchilada sauce.
First add you egg whites.
Next your Sausage Patties crumbles
Then your veggies.
And last but not least the enchilada sauce.
Make sure to roll your enchilada tight and add it to your baking dish. This recipe makes 4 enchiladas so find a dish that fits that amount. Add the remaining sauce to the top of the rolled enchiladas and add your shredded cheese on top of that.
Place the enchiladas in a 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts. The ingredients are already cooked so we are just warming everything together and melting that yummy cheese. Check out the full recipe below.
- 1/4 cup 99% Fat Free Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Light Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Low Calorie Cream of Chicken
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1:4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Dried Cilantro
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties
- 1/2 cup Diced Tomato
- 1/4 cup Diced Onion
- 1.2 cup Diced Avocado
- 3/4 cup Egg Whites
- Shredded Cheese of Your Choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties in a skillet with cooking spray and heat until cooked through.
- Remove MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties and scramble your egg whites in the same skillet.
- In a saucepan add cream of chicken, sour cream, chicken broth, onion powder, cumin, and dried cilantro. Mix well and heat through. Remove from heat once mixture is warm.
- Chop avocado, red onion, and tomatoes. Set aside a bowl.
- Time to assemble; grab a tortilla and fill it with the egg whites, MorningStar Farms® Original Sausage Patties, veggies, shredded cheese, and enchilada sauce. Wrap it tight and place in the baking dish. Repeat until you have a total of 4 enchiladas.
- Add the remaining enchilada sauce to the top of the enchiladas and cover with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 or until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!
Please tell me you are planning to try this recipe!?! I promise it is easy and a nice treat for breakfast. The enchiladas also store pretty well making it easy to place one in the microwave each morning before work if you wanted to create a make ahead breakfast meal.
Be sure to click here to learn more! Which product are you going to try from the MorningStar Farms® line? Tell me in the comments below!