Good Afternoon Everyone! Welcome back to my blog. Today I am working with Rodelle and a bunch of super fab bloggers to deliver you guys a ton of cookies to bake this holiday season. Rodelle is hosting the cookie swap on their website so please be sure to check it out so you can see all the other brand ambassadors and their fabulous cookie recipes. I feel like I’ve been baking up a storm lately…..tis the season to bake, eat, and bake some more 🙂 If you follow my blog you probably saw that I already did a German Chocolate recipe but this one is different because today it’s in cookie form and the last recipe was in pancake form. Be sure to check out my German Chocolate Pancakes if you haven’t seen them yet.
These bars can be cut as big or as small as you like. I chose to cut them into mini bite size bars that would work really well for a party or small gathering. My husband loved them so much he practically ate them all lol. They are super easy to make and come together pretty quickly so lets get started.
We will start by creaming our butter and sugar. Add your egg and Rodelle vanilla extract and mix well.
In a separate bowl add flour, Rodelle Baking Cocoa, salt, and cornstarch. This cornstarch has definitely become a star ingredient in my cookie recipes this holiday season.
Mix your dry ingredients well and add the dry to wet. Be careful not to over mix your cookie dough to avoid having a tough cookie.
I suggest using parchment paper or foil to line your baking pan. It makes for easy clean up but it also makes it super easy to take your cookie bars out of the pan and cut them on a flat surface.
Once you have cooked the cookie bars to perfection trim the sides so that there is an even square. Next you need to make your delicious icing! This also comes together pretty easy…. to see step by step directions check out the German Pancake recipe here.
Place the icing on your bars and cut them into rectangles, squares, or mini squares its totally up to you.
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1/4 cup Rodelle Baking Cocoa
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- Dash Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter (1 Stick Softened)
- 1 tbsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolks Beaten
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 heaping cup Flakes Coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Start by creaming your butter and sugar.
- Add an egg and your Rodelle vanilla extract to the butter mixture and mix well.
- In a separate bowl add flour, Rodelle Baking Cocoa, salt, and cornstarch. Mix your dry ingredients well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient. Be careful not to over mix your cookie dough.
- Add your cookies to a 8 x 8 baking pan I suggest using foil or parchment paper to line your pan.
- Bake your cookie bars for 8-10 minutes.
- Trim the sides so that you have an even square.
- Add butter, milk, eggs, vanilla, and sugar to a saucepan.
- Heat mixture on medium hight heat until butter is completely melted.
- Once the butter is fully melted stir in the coconut flakes and chopped pecans.
- Assemble by adding one pancake and topping it with frosting then repeat.