This Cinnamon Crunch French Toast Waffles Recipe post and shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LeggoMyEggo #HearTheNews #CollectiveBias
You guys breakfast is served! I’ve got a new semi homemade recipe that you are going to love. It’s perfect for at home brunch or if you want to impress your overnight guests. Waffles are a favorite in my home and whenever I’m craving one I usually grab the Kellogg’s® Eggo® Thick & Fluffy Original. They literally taste and look just like Belgian waffles….they are huge! They are definitely my go to breakfast treat whenever I’m making weekday breakfast. I decided to try something a little different with my Eggo waffles; I LOVE french toast so I thought why not combine the two. So I came up with Cinnamon Crunch French Toast Waffles! Trust me they are just as good and addictive as they look…..plus they are super easy to make…..I promise!
I don’t know if you’re are familiar with Eggo products but one of the things that really got me excited about eating their products is the fact that their product line is now made with colors & flavors from natural sources! Plus you can pick up a box or two at Walmart….which we all know is one of my favorite places to shop. I was able to buy all of my ingredients for this recipe from the same place which for me is a plus.
Now lets get started on this super easy recipe! First you want to make the batter by adding eggs, heavy cream, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and a dash of salt to a bowl. Wisk until fully combined and set aside.
Next add panko breadcrumbs, cinnamon, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and a dash of salt to a bowl and stir until well combined.
Allow your waffles to thaw before beginning the breading process. Once waffles are thawed dip one waffle in egg batter and saturate both sides. Next dip the waffle in the bread crumb mixture and set on a wire rack.
While the waffles are in the oven you can make your whipped cream by adding vanilla extract, heavy whipping cream, and sugar to a small bowl. I used an electric mixer for about 2 minutes until the cream thickend.
Once your waffles are done stack them high add fresh berries and whip cream to the top. Voila your breakfast or fun brunch is served. Super easy right?!? Check out the full recipe below
- Kellogg's® Eggo® Thick & Fluffy Original, 6ct & 12ct
- 3 Xl Eggs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- Dash Salt
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Remove your Kellogg's® Eggo® Thick & Fluffy Original from the freezer and allow to thaw completely.
- In a bowl mix 3 eggs, heavy cream, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and salt until well combine.
- In a separate bowl mix panko bread crumbs, cinnamon, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and a dash of salt until well combined.
- Dip your thawed waffles into the egg mixture and then the panko mixture until all of your waffles are coated.
- Add coated waffles to a wire rack on top of a baking sheet and place in the oven. Cook on one side for 6 minutes and the second side for an additional 6 minutes.
- While waffles are in the oven add heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and sugar to a bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat the mixture until stiff peaks form.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Garnish with whipped cream and berries.
As if things weren’t already great I have a coupon offer for you that will make recreating this recipe even easier! Download the coupon today and head to Walmart to buy all of your ingredients today. Earn $2 when you purchase ONE Eggo® Breakfast Sandwich, Bacon or Sausage varieties only, 8 ct. box only at Walmart here.
Also check out more here