One of the things that slows me up in the morning before a workout is figuring out what to eat and what to wear. I decided to find ways to keep me motivated in the morning and not lose my momentum before hitting the gym. I thought they were pretty helpful for me so I decided to share them with you guys in the hopes that we can be motivated together! Here’s 5 Tips to Motivate Your Morning Workout!
1. Breakfast/Smoothie Prep Every morning my biggest dilemma would always be finding something to eat that wouldn’t be too heavy but also gives me enough fuel to get through my workout. I really like drinking smoothies they are literally the best meal replacement. I normally gravitate towards one but I would get frustrated with all the prep that was involved (cutting fruit, rinsing, etc.) So I found a helpful shortcut; I buy some of my fruit pre-frozen and the other fruit I rinse, chop, and flash freeze in my freezer. If you throw all of your fruit in a zip loc bag at once without flash freezing it will get stuck together in big clumps and may not blend as easily. I usually make about 5 smoothie bags a week on a Sunday and just store them in my freezer until I’m ready to use them. Recipe for this smoothie is below! You can also check out my Blackberry Mango Smoothie and Strawberry-Banana Kale Smoothie recipe.
Flash freezing is super easy I just wash, cut, and chop my fresh fruit. I put the fruit on a sheet tray and place in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes. Once the fruit is frozen I immediately add them to the prepped ziplock bags, close tight while removing excess air, and return to the freezer.
2. Plan Workout When going to the gym especially for the first time it can be a bit overwhelming. To make sure I have a good and productive workout I usually decide at the beginning of the week if I’m being productive or the night before if I’m feeling lazy what areas of my body I want to target and what type of cardio I want to do that week. I usually just google different exercises pertaining to the body parts I specifically want to tone and go from there. My go to cardio machine is the treadmill because it gives me the ability to walk or run; I also research treadmill workout routines to keep my workouts interesting.
3. Plan Gym Outfit I know it sounds super elementary but if you pick out exactly what you plan to wear to the gym and set it in eyesight of your bed it helps. When I wake up the first thing I see are my gym clothes so I know thats my first order of business in the morning. Sometimes I will even put them on an hour before I leave as a constant reminder that I need to visit the gym today.
4. Workout playlists Have you ever tried exercising without one? For me it’s the worst and I totally lack motivation while I’m in the gym. I recommend fast paced or songs with hype beats to get you through your cardio sessions and slow but intense songs for weight training. Of course you’re welcome to switch it up however you like; just make sure the songs you choose will get you through your workout.
5. Pace Yourself Last but certainly not least never push yourself too hard. This seems like a no brainer but for some people its not. You want results super fast that in most cases you ended up overdoing in the gym and discourage yourself from coming back. I like to pace myself and build on my progress. I’m not a runner yet but if I increase my speed little and running time (1 minute, 2 minutes, etc.) I will eventually be able to run for 10 or 15 minutes straight. I like the walk, run, walk, run method. Try different things and see what works for you.
I hope these tips were helpful and help you tackle you goals. What tips do you use to stay motivated for the gym? I would love to know please share them in the comments section below.