Yesterday I was talking to my sister about how fast time flew this year; I feel like we were just celebrating New Years together yesterday! Christmas is right around the corner and like most people I love to bake and give delicious goodies to my friends and family. This year I was wondering what I could make that would really wow everyone. I thought about it for a few days and finally came up with something that everyone looks forward to during Christmas time…Gingerbread! To be more exact Gingerbread Cupcakes w/ Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Icing. The cream cheese icing was a no brainer lol….My philosophy during the holidays is the fatter the better! I know, I know we will be singing a different tune once the New Year roles in but for now lets just indulge for a little bit longer and enjoy the last holiday of the year 🙂
Speaking of indulging I was lucky enough to be sent some amazing products from Rodelle and I must admit I’ve been baking up a storm! The quality of their vanilla is A+….it really takes my recipes to the next level. I made a Butterfingers pound cake with leftover Halloween candy and their cocoa powder, eggnog bread, pumpkin bread, and now the gingerbread cupcakes. Rodelle’s Vanilla Paste has to be my fav product! It sooooo delicious and flavorful. I’m telling you once you try Rodelle you’ll never go back….trust me!
Now lets get started on this recipe! First things first gather all of your ingredients and let them sit until they are room temperature (eggs, milk, cream cheese, and butter) Next cream butter and sugar until well combined. Add eggs (one at a time), vanilla, and molasses.
Next start with mixing your dry ingredients. In a large bowl add flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder to a large bowl and mix until well combined. Set aside.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients while alternating with the milk. End with milk.
Use a ice cream scoop for even distribution; add cupcake liners to a sheet pan or muffin pan and distribute batter until gone.
Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees fahrenheit. Next make the frosting by creaming butter and cream cheese until well combined.
Add confectioners sugar, brown sugar, and Rodelle Vanilla Extract; mix well until combined.
Add frosting to the cupcakes with an offset spatula or piping bag.
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Packed Brown Sugar’
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ cup Molasses
- 1 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Paste
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 ½ Cups Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground Cloves
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 ¼ cups Confectioners Sugar
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
- Gingerbread Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add molasses, brown sugar, and butter; cream well.
- Add eggs one at a time until well combined.
- Add Rodelle Vanilla Paste and blend until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, baking soda, and baking powder until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients making sure to alternate with milk. End with milk.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin pan and use an ice cream scoop to fill cupcake liners.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl cream butter and cream cheese.
- Add brown sugar, confectioners sugar, and Rodelle Vanilla Extract; mix until well combined.
- Use an offset spatula or piping bag to add frosting to cupcakes. Top with gingerbread sprinkles.