Good afternoon guys! I have a really delicious gourmet recipe for you today! I’m super excited to be working with Dean & DeLuca on this one; their gourmet products really help to amp up any family recipe. In this case I decided to amp up my family’s mac & cheese recipe. I switched out the cheese and added an extra ingredient…TRUFFLE oil! Yes, I definitely am super excited to serve this dish for the winter season and holiday celebrations.
Now for some people mac & cheese may seem a bit overwhelming to prepare but I promise it’s not! I made a video with step by step directions to help you get through it. It’s literally as simple as making a cheese sauce, adding the pasta of your choice, more cheese, breadcrumbs, bake, and done!
Dean & DeLuca is the go to place for all of your holiday ingredient needs…especially if you’re in the mood for gourmet food. If you’ve never checked out the Dean & DeLuca’s website I highly recommend it. Many people steer clear of gourment stores due to price but I can assure you that they have ingredients priced for all budgets. The best part of shopping with Dean & DeLuca online is that you can do it from the comfort of your own home! Simply scan your fridge and pantry, make a list, and order! They have plenty of delivery dates available and perishables items are delivered in an insulated package with dry ice to keep your products fresh!
When ordering from Dean & DeLuca I decided to browse through all of their tasty options. It was really hard to decide on what I wanted to order lol; I ended up going with the Dean & DeLuca White Truffle Oil and their Dean & DeLuca Extra Sharp Vermont Cheddar. I normally use generic brand cheeses in my mac & cheese but I really wanted to take this recipe to the next level and impress my family and friends for this years Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
Now lets get started on this recipe! Add breadcrumbs (I used panko) and butter to a skillet and toast until slightly browned. Set aside and allow to cool.
Next we’re onto the sauce! Make sure to cube and shred your cheese before hand. I used the Dean & DeLuca Extra Sharp Vermont Cheddar, cream cheese, and a smoked gouda (4 ounces of the cheddar and gouda should be shredded; cube the rest). In a saucepan add butter and allow to melt, next add flour, and whisk until combined. Next add half & half and stir with whisk until sauce begins to thicken. Next add the cheese and stir until the cheese fully melts.
Next is the most important part! Add the Dean & DeLuca White Truffle Oil …..QUICK TIP: Truffle oil is very concentrated so please use sparingly. I suggest 1/2 tsp-1 tsp. I would also taste to determine if you’ve added enough. Mix until well combined and remove from heat.
Next add your cooked pasta to a pan and spread out evenly. Add the cheese sauce to the pasta and mix until all of the pasta is heavily coated in the creamy cheese sauce. Finally add the shredded cheese and breadcrumbs.
Place in a 350 degree fahrenheit oven for 30-35 minutes. Serve immediately! Your guest will love it! TRUST ME! I’ve always had faith in my mac & cheese but this year I’m willing to bet money on just how many of my family and friends will love it too! I credit this confidence to the ingredients I purchased from Dean & DeLuca! They really helped take my family recipe to the next level! Please use the promo code FSFALLTABLE for free shipping on purchase of $75 or more!
- 2-2 1/2 cups Cooked Macaroni
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 2 cups half & half
- 4 oz Smoked Gouda Cheese (cubed)
- 12 oz Dean & DeLuca Extra Sharp Vermont Cheddar (cubed)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (cubed)
- 1/2 tsp-1 Dean & DeLuca White Truffle Oill
- 4 oz Shredded Gouda (reserved for topping)
- 4 oz Dean & DeLuca Extra Sharp Vermont Cheddar (reserved for topping)
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- Dash of Nutmeg
- Pepper to Taste
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Cook pasta, drain, and set aside.
- In a skillet add butter and breadcrumbs; toast until slightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a saucepan add butter and allow to melt, next add flour and mix until well combined.
- Whisk in half & half until well combined with flour mixture. Allow sauce to thicken before adding cheese.
- Whisk sauce until cheese is fully melted. Remove from heat and add truffle oil.
- Next add pasta to a baking pan and spread evenly. Add cheese sauce to macaroni and mix until pasta is evenly coated.
- Next add the reserved shredded cheese until pasta is completely covered then add breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30-35 minute (crust should brown; you can use your broiler if needed to brown crust). Remove from oven and serve immediately.