Hello guys and happy Monday!!! I’m super excited to bring you guys new recipes today. Today is Halloween and tomorrow is the first day of November! Which means the holiday season has basically begun. The holidays are my absolute favorite time of year… I love being with family and friends and enjoying each others company.
This year I’ve decided to start a new tradition with my friends that can be special to us. My friends and I like to have our own special time to have fun, be crazy, and drink plenty of wine! I normally do most of my holiday shopping at Giant because it’s a one stop shop situation so I figured I would start this new tradition with Giant as well. I wanted to create a few recipes that would give the feel of Thanksgiving without ruining the actual Thanksgiving day feast. I’m so excited that I’ve already started meal prepping! My menu is pretty tasty I think! My friends and I will be having Herb Crusted Turkey Chops Stuffed with Turkey Sausage Stuffing and Roasted Butternut Squash. For dessert I stopped by the bakery to pick up a sweet potato pie.
Whew ok it sounds like a lot but I promise you can do it! Let’s get started so you can see just how simple it is 🙂 First things first let’s get this squash ready to for roasting. Add your cubed squash to a bowl with softened or melted butter, herbs, salt, and pepper. Mix until everything is coated evenly. To make things even easier I picked up some prepackaged butternut squash from the produce section along with the fresh herbs.
You need to roast the squash on a baking sheet for 20 minutes at 450 degrees fahrenheit.
Next we need to prep the turkey chops. They are already pretty thin so be careful when slicing into the chops to create a pocket. Once the chops are prepped you can move onto the stuffing. Finely chop onions, green pepper, and celery. Add the chopped veggies to a frying pan with butter and minced garlic. Sauté` until onions are translucent. Once the veggies are done add them to a bowl.
Next remove the casing from two italian turkey sausage links and add to the same frying pan and cook until well done. Next add the sausage meat to the bowl with the veggies, bread stuffing, and seasoning. Mix until well combined.
Okay, we are almost there I promise! Next we need to prep the herb crust. In another bowl add breadcrumbs, chopped herbs, and seasonings; mix well until combined.
Ok now the fun part! We are going to take our delicious stuffing and stuff it into the pockets of our turkey chops. I used a serving spoon to portion out the stuffing. I slathered room temperature butter onto the tops of the chops and sprinkled the herb crumb mixture onto the tops of the chops.
Once all of the chops are breaded baked them for 30-35 minutes at 375 degrees fahrenheit.
New Friendsgiving Tradition w/ Giant!
- 2 cups Butternut squash (cubed)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 onion powder
- Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp herb blend seasoning
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/4 bell pepper diced
- 2 sweet turkey sausage links
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1 tsp herb blend seasoning
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
Roasted Butternut Squash
Turkey Sausage Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees fahrenheit
- Add squash, butter, herbs, and seasoning to a bow and mix until well combined.
- Place squash on baking sheet and baked for 20 minutes until fork tender.
- Plate and enjoy!
- Turkey Sausage Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Finely chop onion, celery, and green peppers; add them to a frying pan with butter and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add veggies to a bowl and set aside.
- Remove casing from turkey sausage and add to the same frying pan used with veggies. Cook sausage until well done. (Make sure to break up the meat)
- Add sausage to bowl with veggies and mix well. Next add
- Add breadcrumbs, herbs, and seasonings to a bowl and mix until well combined; set aside.
- Pat turkey chops dry and slice them in the middle to form a pocket.
- Add stuffing to the pockets and stuff until full.
- Slather on room temperature butter and add herb crust to the turkey chop.
- Place turkey chops in the oven and baked for 30-35 minutes.
- Plate and Enjoy!
Roasted Butternut Squash
Herb Crusted Turkey Chops
And I saved the best for last! I purchased a sweet potato pie and topped it with whipped creams and cinnamon. It was absolutely delish and super easy to make lol. Giant is really going to come through for all of my holiday needs and I couldn’t be more thrilled!
If you are interested in ordering their fresh turkey for Thanksgiving make sure contact your local Giant today to get the details. Feel free to use this $5 off coupon good for new registrants only. Click here to learn more. Exclusive Nature’s Promise organic fresh turkeys – with no added hormones and no antibiotics ever, yet still tender and juicy! Only $.99 a pound (the leading national brand is $1.69 a pound and the organic national brand is $3.99 a pound) These turkeys are available for pre-order in-store so you can be guaranteed to get one and not be that poor gal trying to defrost a 20 lb. bird the night before.