This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone #WickedFantaFun #CollectiveBias
Good morning guys and welcome back to my blog! I am having soooo much fun working on all things Halloween! This is such a fun time of the year and I can’t hold my excitement any longer. Today I am featuring two recipes that are sure to light up your Halloween party this year! You can also make them for friends and family.
As you know one of my go to stores is Family Dollar….I love the variety and the price! Right now they are featuring a very spooky version of Fanta® Sodas “Unleash Wickedly Good Fun” with Fanta at Halloween. It’s a super fun way to get into the Halloween spirit. The Halloween packaging designed by “Noma Bar” is super fun and festive. Fanta comes in 8 FUN flavors – Orange, Grape, Strawberry, Pineapple, Grapefruit, Apple, Peach, Cherry and is a 100% natural soft drink inspired by real fruit flavors! Look for the one-stop Fanta Halloween display at Family Dollar.
Now lets get to these two recipes that I’ve been bragging about. Today I present my Chocolate Monster Cookies and my Fanta Tombstone Cupcakes! Both super simple to make and extra delish!
Lets start with the cookies….The base of this cookie batter is only 3 ingredients….thats right 3! Chocolate cake mix, butter, and eggs…and of course the mixins make 4 but lets just stick with 3; it sounds better lol. Now this is probably the easiest recipe you will ever have to make all you have to do is dump the cake mix, room temperature butter, and eggs into a large bowl….then you mix either by hand or with a hand held mixer until its well combined.
Once everything is mixed use a ice cream scoop or spoon to create your cookies and add them to a buttered cookie sheet. Once you scoop your dough make sure to add your spooky monster eyes to each cookie dough mound.
You guys how cute are these cookies?! I love how fun they are …..and how easy it is to make them with little to no effort what so ever! Now we are going to bake these at 350 degrees fahrenheit for 8-10 minutes. I cooked mine for the entire 10 minutes. If I were you I would start with 8 minutes and continue cooking if need be.
Now on to my Fanta Tombstone Cupcakes….I can’t even tell you how excited I was that everything came together so well. With the cupcakes I literally just followed the package instructions but replaced the water with Fanta orange soda. I mixed it really well by hand…..feel free to use a hand mixer if need be. Next I scooped the batter into the cupcake liners.
I also bought some green food coloring and some store bought cream cheese icing. I mixed those together until well combined to make my grass. I used a grass pipping tip but if you want to just spread it on I’m sure thats fine too! Once the tombstone is added people will understand that it is supposed to mimic grass.
I also used a very small tip to write “RIP” on the cookies….using the plain white icing.
The best part of my post is that you guys get a coupon for your next shopping trip to Family Dollar! Save $1 when you buy (1) Fanta 12-pack 12oz cans AND (1) Red Baron pizza 12oz or larger, with digital Smartcoupon at Family Dollar (10/24/16 – 10/31/16). Coupon link
Learn more about Family Dollar and locate a store near you
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1 Stick of Butter (Room Temperature)
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Chocolate M&Ms
- 3/4 cup Resees Pieces Candy
- Wilton Candy Monster Eyes
- 1 Box of Yellow Cake
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Fanta Orange Soda
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- Green Food Coloring
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, and butter in a large bowl until well combined.
- Add candy mix-ins and stir until well combined.
- Use a ice cream scoop or spoon to place cookie dough mounds on the greased cookie sheet.
- Add monster eyes to the tops of the cookies.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Add cake mix, fanta, vegetable oil, and eggs to a large bowl and mix until fully combined.
- Place cupcake liners on a cooking sheet and scoop batter into the cups.
- Bake according to package directions about 13-15 minutes.
- While cupcakes are in the oven add cream cheese icing to a bowl along with multiple drops of green food coloring; mix until desired color is met.
- Add "white" icing to a piping bag and spell out "RIP" on the chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Next add green icing to a piping bag along with a grass tip and set aside.
- Remove cupcake from oven and allow to cool significantly before adding the icing.
- Once cupcakes have cooled add icing and "RIP" cookie to finish the look.
If you decide to try this recipe please let me know how it turns out by commenting below or tag me on Instagram and Twitter by using #margaritasontherocks to share your photos!