Good morning guys! I know that summer is slowly slipping away but I just couldn’t let it go without a proper good bye. I have been sitting on this no churn ice cream recipe for weeks and I think now is the perfect time to let it free lol. I have been dying to try no churn ice cream for a while and now that I see how easy it is to make I will definitely be making it more often!
I was inspired to create this recipe after a trip to Cold Stone Creamery. If you’ve never had Cold Stone and you live close to one….I suggest you RUN not walk to your nearest one! They have this creation called a strawberry blonde and it is absolutely delish! I literally ate the entire thing and wanted more. I decided I would try and create my own version of it…. and I think I nailed it! My version is slightly different and in my opinion better 😉 And the best part is that its super easy…..the hardest part of this recipe would have to be using the electrical mixer which isn’t hard at all!
Now you may be thinking…..whats in it? Well thats the best part my friend! Graham cracker crust, white chocolate chips, strawberries, and caramel with a cake batter ice cream base! This ice cream is perfect! It’s time for me to put my money where my mouth is and show you just how easy this recipe is.
First we need to use an eletric mixer to whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
This is literally the hardest part of the recipe…..not really lol. It takes about 6-10 minutes for this to happen. Once the peaks form you can stop whipping.
Next we prep the rest of the ingredients; lets start with the strawberries. I used frozen strawberries and sprinkled them with some sugar. Allow them to sit out for a bit and then begin smashing them with a potato masher or whatever tool you prefer…..chunks are best!
Once those are smashed move on to the crust. I made it super easy on myself by buying a graham cracker crust from the store and breaking it apart into smaller chunks. I also measured out some of the white chocolate chips for added crunch. FYI these chips will freeze so if your not into having hard bites throughout your ice cream I would totally leave them out. You could also add them as a topping once the ice cream is done.
Next you can add the can of sweetened condensed milk with the cake batter and mix until well combined. Then add the condensed milk mixture with the whipped cream and softly fold until well combined.
Now fold the rest of the ingredients strawberries, white chocolate chips, and graham cracker crust into the batter. Add the ice cream to the pan by adding half of the batter first and swirling caramel throughout the ice cream. Add the last of the batter to the pan and add more caramel….you can use the end of a spoon to swirl the caramel throughout the batter.
Cover with surround wrap and place in the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours…..I think I just realized this is actually the hardest part! lol
If you decide to try this recipe please let me know how it turns out by commenting below or tag me on Instagram and Twitter by using #margaritasontherocks to share your photos!
- 1 cup yellow cake mix
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- 10 oz can condensed milk
- Whole Graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup caramel syrup
- 1 cup mashed frozen strawberries
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Add heavy whipping cream to a big bowl and begin beating the cream with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Next mix condensed milk and cake mix until well combined.
- Sprinkle sugar onto frozen strawberries and allow to thaw a bit before mashing them with a potato masher.
- Break the graham cracker crust into small bits.
- Add strawberries and graham cracker bits to the bowl with the ice cream base and gently fold until well combined.
- Add half of the batter to a loaf pan and drizzle with caramel syrup; add remaining batter to the loaf pan and drizzle with caramel syrup.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon to give the batter one last swirl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Once completely set serve immediately and freeze the rest.
Summer is ending soon you guys, so do everything remaining on your summer bucket list ASAP! And make sure to add this recipe to the list and make it before fall finally settles in!