Good Morning and welcome back! I’m super excited to bring this series back to the blog. Its football Sunday and I’ve got another Game day recipe for you. Now I don’t know about you but I think creamy and cheesy dips are the best thing since sliced bread……and this dip is one of the best dips you will EVER eat! Trust me it is. It’s also super easy to make and will take very little of your day to prepare.
Now I don’t know about you guys but Sundays in my house are pretty lazy days….I kinda view them as a preparation day for the week to come. Now when it comes to game day Sundays the house is a little more hype than normal lol. Everyone is kinda waiting around for the game to start and wondering what we’re going to eat. Well today’s game day menu features my Spinach & Artichoke Bread Bowl; yes creamy, cheesy, warm dip! Perfect for game day or any day you’re looking for a quick appetizer, movie snack, or small meal. I like to serve them with tortilla chips or you can eat it with the toasted bread bits.
Like I said this bread is super easy to make! Lets get started
First things first lets start by cutting a round circle into the top of the bread and pulling out the filling.
Now its time to create the base of the dip. Add milk, cream cheese, cubed Gouda, and butter to a small sauce pan and cook over low heat until the cream cheese is completely melted.
Remove the sauce from the heat and add the drained spinach, parmesan cheese, artichokes, and seasonings.
Mix well and add to the bread bowl. Make sure to brush the bread with the garlic and butter mixture before placing it in the oven.
Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees fahrenheit; and enjoy!
Like I said super easy right!? One thing that I forgot to mention is how fast this dip will go lol. Your guests will love this dip so much it will be gone in minutes. You may want to make two or three bowls depending on how many guests are attending your game day party.
- 1 Sourdough bread boule (18 oz)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 4 oz Gouda Cheese (cubed)
- 9 oz Frozen Spinach
- 1/4 Sour Cream
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 cup Chopped Artichoke
- 1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan (reserve some for garnish)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Bread Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degree fahrenheit.
- Cut round circle into the top of the bread and remove the insides until a deep circle is formed.
- Add milk, butter, sour cream, gouda, and cream cheese to a sauce pan and cook on low heat until smooth cheese sauce is formed.
- Drain spinach until all water is gone; chop artichoke hearts into small chunks.
- Remove cheese sauce from heat and add spinach, artichoke, seasonings, and parmesan; mix until well combined.
- Add dip to the bread bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix melted butter with garlic bread seasoning and parsley until well combined. Brush the outside of the bread bowl with the butter mixture until well coated.
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove from heat and enjoy!
I will be back next Sunday with another game day recipe! If you decide to try this recipe please let me know how it turns out by commenting below or tag me on Instagram and Twitter by using #margaritasontherocks to share your photos!