This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #GameTimeHosting #CollectiveBias
Watch me make this live on Nom!
Good Morning guys! Welcome back to my blog 🙂 Todays post is probably somewhat familiar to you guys. If you’ve been following my blog for a while you know that I love to post Game Day recipes during football season. Football is definitely watched in my house so I always try and have Game Day snacks on hand for the family. We normally watch the games through out the house and visit a game or two when our budget permits. I’m super excited that the official season is starting soon because I have been prepping recipes all summer!
Make sure to locate the one-stop Coca-Cola and Wise snacks display at Family Dollar.
Today I have a special post for you guys that features three Game Day recipes that is not only delicious but super affordable. I often visit my local Family Dollar for snacks, household cleaning product, dinner, etc. I happened to visit them recently for some fun Game Day recipe ideas and I stumbled across some items that really got my imagination running. I decided to purchase Coca-Cola™, Sprite, and Wise sour cream & onion chips. I know it may seem like a snack in itself but with a little creativity I was able to create three Game Day recipes with these ingredients!
Easy definitely comes to mind when I think about this meal…..oh and super delish lol! I made Coca-Cola™ Ginger Korean Wings, Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade, and Sour Cream & Onion Popcorn Chicken Bites! Trust me it may sound intimidating but it totally isn’t.
First things first with the wing recipe….create the marinade and marinate that chicken!!
After marinating the chicken make sure to pat dry with a paper towel (chicken should marinade a minimum of 5 hours)
Add cornstarch to help with crispiness!
Add sauce and finger lick your way to bliss lol.
Now the popcorn chicken bites are also super easy. First things first cut the chicken into bite size pieces
Crush chips until they sorta resemble bread crumbs
Now create a breading station with the crushed Wise chips, egg, flour, and cut chicken. Add chicken bites to flour
Then crushed Wise Sour Cream & Onion Chips
Place on a baking rack once completely breaded
Last but not least we need something super refreshing to wash it all down with! Lets make this Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade. Smash frozen or fresh strawberries with lemonade concentrate.
Add Sprite and lemon slices for garnish…..DONE! Super easy right?!
- 1 cup Coca-Cola™ Soda (divided)
- 1/2 tsp Ginger (divided)
- 1 tsp Sesame oil (divided)
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce (divided)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder (divided)
- 1/2 tsp Brown sugar (divided)
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes (divided)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (divided)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1lb of chicken tenderloin cut into bite size pieces
- Season chicken Onion powder, salt , pepper
- 4.5 ounce bag of wise chips
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 12 oz lemonade concentrate
- 1 cup frozen strawberries thawed
- 1 Sprite
- 1 Lemon (sliced for garnish)
- **Ingredients will be divided by half as specified on ingredients list.**
- In a large bowl add Coca-Cola™, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, oyster sauce, and vegetable oil. Mix well.
- In another bowl season wings with salt and pepper. Add wings to marinade and stir until all wings are evenly coated.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate for a minimum of 6 hours up to overnight.
- Once wings are marinated preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place wings on a roasting rack and cook in oven on first side for 30 minutes; disagard marinade.
- While the wings are in the oven begin making a Korean sauce.
- In a large bowl add Coca-Cola™, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, oyster sauce, vegetable oil, and cornstarch. Mix well.
- Add sauce to a sauce pan and stir over medium heat until sauce thickens; once thick remove from heat.
- After 30 minutes flip wings and return to the oven for additional 15 minutes.
- Once wings are completely cooked remove from oven and toss in the korean sauce until evenly coated.
- Plate & Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Wash, dry, and cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Create a breading station with three bowls. In the first bowl add flour, salt, and pepper; mix until well combined. In the second bowl crack eggs and add salt & pepper; whisk until well combined. In the third bowl add Wise Sour Cream & Onion Chips.
- Begin the breading process by adding chicken pieces to flour, egg mixture, and finally the crushed Wise sour cream & onion chips.
- Continue until all chicken pieces are coated.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and Enjoy!
- Add lemonade concentrate and strawberries to a large punch bowl.
- Mash strawberries until concentrate mixture and strawberries are evenly mixed.
- Add Sprite soda to the mixture and stir.
- Slice lemon and add for garnish.
I love grabbing inspiration from places like Family Dollar! I encourage you to go ahead and recreate these recipes for your next family game day event, or maybe even a tailgating event. These recipes are definitely great to make ahead, pack up, and serve later. I also encourage you to take advantage of this coupon SAVE $1 when you buy (1) 12-pack of any Coca-Cola® product plus (1) Wise snack 3oz or larger at Family Dollar today!