Watch me make this live! http://l.nom.com/UlDk/sye5SitaHw
Good Morning guys and welcome back to my blog! I’m am SUPER excited about our upcoming holiday weekend. I have some super fun plans and I can’t wait for the hotdogs, burgers, and pasta salad…. and of course these super rich delicious bars. I can’t wait to sink my teeth into to the sweet mound of cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. This dish is perfect for the 4th of July; Red, white, and blue….I mean how could it get anymore perfect lol.
Like all of my recipes this one is super super easy to make. And best part of all theres minimal baking time for the crust…..literally only 10 minutes. Yup thats it! How much do you love me lol. I will be featuring this recipe live on my Nom channel. Make sure to tune in at 1:00pm EST www.nom.com
Making your own graham cracker crust is not only easy but super tasty! Three ingredients and BAM! Instant crust lol. I used a food processor to blend everything but I’m pretty sure a blender would work too.
Blend cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk (aka liquid gold), vanilla extract, and lemon juice until well combined.
Add fruit topping once cream cheese bars are completely set.
- 1 1/4 cup Graham cracker crumbs (7 1/2 Graham crackers)
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp Melted butter
- 8 oz Cream cheese
- 14 oz can Sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Lemon juice **very important ingredient**
- 1 cup Strawberries (quartered)
- 1 Cup Blueberries
- 2-3 tbsp Granulated sugar
- Juice from half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees farenheit.
- In a food processor or blender break down graham crackers until crumbles form. Add sugar and melted butter; process until fully combined.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper before adding crust if you want to remove later. Pack crumbs into dish until flat crust with no sides is formed. Bake crust for 10 minutes; remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl use a hand mixer to mix cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk; then add vanilla flavoring and mix until fully combined. Lastly add lemon juice and combine.
- Add cream cheese mixture to cooled graham cracker crust and smooth out the top until evenly distributed. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- In a bowl add chopped strawberries and blueberries. Combine with lemon juice and sugar; mix until sugar is dissolved. Allow to chill in the refrigerator until cheese cake bars are set.
- Add fruit topping to the cream cheese bars; remove from the pan using the parchment paper. Cut into squares for serving.