Watch me make this live! http://l.nom.com/UlDk/oR7fHmQ9Gw
Make sure to tune in to www.nom.com today at 12:15pm EST to watch me make this recipe live.
Happy Friday! Its the end of the work week and I couldn’t be happier. In honor of National Burger Month Im bringing a spicy treat to your taste buds….just in time for the holiday weekend. I played around with a few ideas before I actually settled on a concrete idea. I thought about a stuffed burger but decided that was already done and done again so I decided I wanted flavors throughout the burger instead. I developed a marinade that will be mixed into the burgers to so you could have the jalapeño flavor throughout the burger and with every bite.
I am definitely a spicy lover so if you’re like me this ones for you! If you want to scale down on the spicy flavor you can also add one less jalapeño or remove the seeds. Its totally up to you. I really wanted my mouth to be on fire lol……I am completely crazy and actually find pleasure in setting my tastebuds on fire lol. I think this recipe is super easy and great for the grill; summers coming and everyone will be grilling soon.
I’m super excited about this weekend! Its Memorial Day weekend which means lots of food and drink to go around. I actually plan on making these burgers for my family BBQ on Monday. As with all of my recipes feel free to alter the ingredients to fit your own personal taste but please do me a favor and try the recipe as is before altering I promise that it will be super satisfying. If you decide to try out this recipe please let me know how it turns out! You can tag me on Instagram or Twitter @margaritasontherocks
- Jalapeno Marinade
- 2 Whole Jalapeño
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 1lb Ground chuck
- 1/2 cup Diced onion
- 3/4 cup Shredded Cheddar
- 4 slices of Cheddar cheese
- In a food processor combine jalapeño, olive oil, cumin, garlic powder, Worcestershire, and cilantro.
- In a large bowl add ground chuck, marinade, diced onion, and shredded cheddar in a bowl and mix with hands until fully combined.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Form burger patties (alb makes about 4 patties for me)
- cook patties on stove top or grill until cooked to preferred temperature.
- Add cheese slices while burgers are still on the heat to allow cheese to melt.