Watch me make this live on Nom!
Good Morning and Happy Thursday! I missed my Monday and Wednesday posting schedule due to a little sickness. Not your normal sneeze cough kinda sickness but a detox cleanse type of sickness. I have done several detox cleanses before but this one was pretty intense….I guess all the tasty food I’ve been eating didn’t help lol. Any who I’m back and feeling better than ever! I’m super excited about todays recipe in my opinion its easy and ridiculously delicious. Dare I say better than restaurant style wings.
I think the key to this recipe is the time you spend marinating the chicken. I’m always impatient and want to eat things right away but with this one patience is key and the payoff is marvelous! Trust me when I say if you can go the overnight marinade route you are in for a treat! If you don’t have the time 4 hours is the minimum I would marinate these wings. I have actually done the 4 hour marinade time and the wings came out just as good…..but I do believe they are slightly better if you wait overnight……OK OK enough persuasion you do whats best for you! lol
Ok so I think the hardest part of this recipe would probably be making the marinade…….which isn’t hard AT ALL so this is definitely a smooth sailing type of recipe. Another key component in this recipe is the spices……its all in the spices they add a TON of flavor to these wings! Honestly you could also use this marinade for other things too! I used ground chicken once to make teriyaki meatballs you can also use it on some ribs for some slow cooker teriyaki ribs……ummmmm I think I just came up with my next recipe lol. Get creative and do you! If you decide to try out this recipe please let me know how it turns out! You can tag me on Instagram or Twitter @margaritasontherocks
Luckily for you I’ve included both written and visual instruction!! In fact all of my recipes this year have YouTube videos associated with them; making it easier than ever to follow along I have included the video below please check it out! If you like it and want to see more Subscribe to my channel. I upload food videos on the same days as my blog Mondays and Wednesdays!
- ⅔ cups Honey, Divided
- ⅔ cups Teriyaki Sauce, Divided
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder, Divided
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder, Divided
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Powder, Divided
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar, Divided
- 2 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil, Divided
- ½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper, Divided
- 9-12 Wingettes
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- **Ingredients will be divided by half as specified on ingredients list.**
- In a large bowl add honey, teriyaki sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and vegetable oil. Mix well.
- In another bowl season wingless with salt and pepper. Add teriyaki sauce to wings and stir until all wings are evenly coated.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and marinate for a minimum of 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Once wings are marinated preheat oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place wings on a roasting rack and cook in oven on first side for 30 minutes; disagard marinade.
- While the wings are in the oven begin making a teriyaki sauce.
- In a large bowl add honey, teriyaki sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, cornstarch,and vegetable oil; mix well.
- Add sauce to a sauce pan and stir over medium heat until sauce thickens; once thick remove from heat.
- After 30 minutes flip wings and return to the oven for additional 15 minutes.
- Once wings are completely cooked remove from oven and toss in the teriyaki sauce until evenly coated.
- Plate & Enjoy!