Good Morning and Happy Wednesday! As promised I’m releasing the perfect recipe to go with that delicious Homemade Garlic Bread recipe. Parmesan Crusted Shrimp Scampi w/ Pasta! I know Know it sounds like a mouthful but trust me it’s a good one. I wanted to do my fattened up version of the Shrimp Scampi to follow my Skinny Version but then I thought there are a thousand shrimp scampi recipes so whats the point in doing that. I decided to add a twist with the parmesan crust…..At first I wasn’t exactly sure how things would turn out but I think everyone in my family can agree it turned out absolutely delicious!
I’m definitely pretty proud of my recipe and I think you will be too. There’s two parts to this dish…..the scampi preparation and the parmesan crust preparation. I would like to think that the hardest part recipe is waiting for it to brown under the broiler. Once you’ve prepped all of your ingredients its pretty simple from that point on.
This of course like all of my recipes is my creation and rendition of the shrimp scampi….you are more than welcome to follow my recipe or make your own tweaks to fit you taste. Only you know what makes your tummy happy lol. For me it was this recipe and a couple slices of that garlic bread! If you decide to try out this recipe please let me know how it turns out! You can tag me on Instagram @margaritasontherocks
Luckily for you I’ve included both written and visual instruction!! In fact all of my recipes this year have YouTube videos associated with them; making it easier than ever to follow along 🙂 I have include the video below please check it out! If you like it and want to see more Subscribe to my channel. I upload food videos on the same days as my blog Mondays and Wednesdays!
- Shrimp Scampi Ingredients
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup White Cooking Wine
- 1lb Raw Peeled Shrimp
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Crushed Pepper Flakes
- about 1.5-2 Cups Pasta of Choice
- Parmesan Crust Ingredients
- 3/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley (Finely Chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- Preheat oven to Broil/Hi temperature.
- Mince garlic and set aside.
- Measure wine, butter, red pepper flakes, bread crumbs, and parsley; set aside.
- Grate cheese and reserve 1/2 cup for pasta mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup melted butter and garlic to a skillet; saute until fragrant.
- Add shrimp and begin cooking
- Add white cooking wine and juice of lemon.
- Continue cooking; add red pepper flakes and stir until well combined.
- In a bowl add breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, and 1/4 cup melted butter; stir until well combined.
- Add pasta (cooked according to package directions) to shrimp scampi.
- Toss until fully coated in sauce.
- Add bread crumb mixture to top of scampi and place until the broiler until golden brown.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!