Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
Good Morning and welcome back! Day two of our Valentine’s Day series features my Loaded Baked Potato Casserole. I am pretty confident that both you and your significant other will love digging your forks into this one. I was super happy to use my mini cast iron skillets to serve the dish in but if you don’t have any you could also use a small casserole dish.
This six part series will feature two side dishes (Grilled Asparagus and Loaded Baked Potato Casserole) one main dish (Rosemary & Garlic Ribeye and Marinade Recipe) Valentine’s Day Cocktail (Strawberry Chocolate Sundae Martini) and a Dessert (Double Chocolate Skillet Cookie w/Sprinkles) Yes you guys are in for a treat!
The ingredients are pretty basic….its basically a loaded baked potato but better lol. I chose to use turkey bacon but I have also used pork. That is pretty much up to you; along with the other ingredients that are used in the recipe. I think the longest part of this recipe is baking the potatoes….I always always cook my potatoes in the oven because I feel that the flavor is more developed but you can also just nuke it in the microwave to save time.
This loaded baked potato casserole is truly a guilty pleasure. Its soooo bad but soooo good at the same time! I absolutely love it and I know you will too!
How To Video Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
Check out the recipe below; I also included a video just in case you prefer visual directions.
- 3 Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Half & Half
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Cup Shredded cheese (Reserve half for topping)
- 2 Strips Bacon (Reserve half for topping)
- 1/2 Cup Sour cream (Reserve half for topping)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prep potatoes by rubbing them down with oil and seasoning with salt.
- Chop scallions and shred cheese.
- Cook bacon and chop bacon.
- Bake Potatoes for 50-60 or until soft; remove from oven and set aside.
- Cut potatoes open and scoop flesh into bowl.
- Add Butter and mix until melted.
- Add cheese, scallions, bacon, and half & half; mix until well combined.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Spray pan with cooking spray; evenly distribute mixture.
- Top with cheese, bacon and scallions.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.