Good Morning everyone! Today I would like to share with you my Chicken Quinoa Stir Fry! This recipe is super quick and easy to make. I think the hardest part would honestly be the all the chopping and prep that comes before hand; but once you get all of that done its a pretty quick process from there. I love stir fry they are really delicious and you can literally include just about anything in them. It’s really your choice; for this one I chose to use broccoli and onions because it was literally what I had on hand…..yeah it’s that simple.
I think one of the best things about a stir fry dish is that you have the option of doing all veggies if you doing meatless Monday or just a vegetarian. Recently I have found out that vegetables can be very satisfying and filling; My boyfriends mother recently went on something called the Daniels Diet which has some very strict food restrictions. She did really well and took the diet in stride by making vegetarian dishes that were to my surprise very good; it kinda made me forget I was a meat lover lol. I believe this is one of those dishes where you can substitute the meat with veggies and still have a satisfying meal.
If you’re into visual instructions take a look at the video below to see my smoothie making skills in action.
- ¼ cup Quinoa
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 Cup broccoli
- 1 Tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tsp cornstarch
- 2 garlic clove minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- ¼ cup Chopped scallions
- 2 Cups chopped broccoli
- 1 Small onion
- **Cook quinoa according to package directions**
- Chop onions, garlic, scallions, and ginger.
- Chop broccoli and slice chicken breast into strips.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce, and cornstarch to a bowl mix well; set aside.
- Add olive oil to pan and turn on high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger to pan and cook until fragrant.
- Add chicken to pan and cook until it begins to turn white.
- Add Broccoli and cook until it becomes bright green.
- Add Onions and continue to cook until they become translucent.
- Pour in sauce mixture and allow cornstarch to activate and thicken the sauce.
- Add chopped scallions.
- Spoon stir fry onto quinoa.