To keep things rolling on the slim & trim series I would like to introduce to you my Roasted Vegetable recipe. I think having a really tasty side dish makes it super easy to prepare a healthy yet satisfying dinner or lunch. Cutting back doesn’t have to be a drag…it can actually be pretty tasty! As always this recipe is super easy to make and the flavors or vegetable choice can be adjusted to your liking.
I think the key to eating healthy is convenience; this recipe is super easy and takes little time to prep so lunch or dinner will be done in no time. You can also make this dish ahead of time and eat it throughout the week. It stores well in a container and heats up easily in the microwave or oven for 5-10 minutes.
I must say I was a little nervous about jumping into the healthy world this month because there are so many bloggers out there that produce healthy content everyday and I wanted to make sure not to disappoint. Make sure to leave a comment below and tell me what your favorite healthy side dish is. If you are not already subscribed to my channel please click here to subscribe and make sure to sign up for our newsletter so you will never miss a post!
Check out my visual recipe instructions below!
- 1 cup Carrots (sliced)
- 1 cup Potatoes (chopped)
- 1 cup Onions (sliced)
- 1 cup Brussel sprouts (cut in half)
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1-2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- salt to tast
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees farenheit ;spray baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Chop and mince garlic.
- Chop sweet potatoes into cubes.
- Slice onions.
- Slice brussel sprouts in half.
- Slice carrots in half.
- Add vegetables, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to a bowl; mix until well combined.
- Transfer vegetables to baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast in oven for 30-40 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Plate & Enjoy!