Watch me make this live on Nom!
Good morning everyone and welcome back! I’ve been pretty busy this week and am really enjoying this relaxing Sunday. I live in Maryland and have been dealing with a lot of rain which always makes me wish I was in the bed watching my favorite shows on Netflix (which BTW I am currently doing) I am so excited to bring you guys another recipe this week! Today’s game day recipe features my Steak Nachos!They are absolutely delicious and super easy to make. Easy meals are the best…..don’t you agree? So with this recipe I wanted to make sure my steak had as much flavor as possible so I decided to marinate my steak overnight with olive oil, garlic, and taco seasoning……yes taco seasoning! Feel free to make your own or just buy the pre-made pouch either way you are in for a treat.
After allowing the steak to marinate overnight decided I would pan sear it in a cast iron skillet and finish it off in the oven. For garnish I used everything I could possible think of! Scallions, cilantro, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, jalapeno, and diced tomato. As with all of my recipes I encourage you to modify the recipe to your liking. I also made sure to layer all of the ingredients so that each chip would have a bite full of goodness no matter where you pull it from. These nachos are sure to please a crowd and trust me they won’t last long!
Steak Nachos (Serves 3-4)
2 tbsp Taco seasoning
2 tsp Olive oil
1-2 Garlic cloves minced
2 tbsp chopped Cilantro
1 Diced tomatoes (flesh only)
1/4 cup Green onion/scallion
4 oz Cheddar cheese
1 Jalapeno thinly sliced
Guacamole (recipe here)
Handful of cilantro
1. Mix taco seasoning, olive oil, cilantro, and minced garlic until well combined. Rub marinade all over the steak until completely covered in the marinade. Place the steak in a zip lock freezer bag and place in the fridge for up to 12 hours.
2. Once meat is completely marinated begin prepping your toppings. Cut and dice tomatoes, slice scallions and jalapeno, shred cheese, prepare guacamole, and chop cilantro.
3. Heat skillet and add about a tablespoon of olive oil. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Once your skillet is heated through add steak and begin searing on one side for about 5 minutes before turning to sear on the other side for an additional 5 minutes.
4. Once searing is complete place skillet in the oven for 5-15 minutes until the steak is cooked to you preferred temperature.
5. Remove steak from oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. Slice meat and set aside.
6. Grab platter and begin layering your tortilla chips, steak slices, and toppings. Making sure to evenly distribute.
7. Add a dollop of guacamole and sour cream one layering is complete.
8. Plate & Enjoy!
Game Day Recipes: Steak Nachos