Watch me make this recipe live! http://l.nom.com/UlDk/upn3oeb9Gw
Game Day Recipes are back!!!! Wooo Hooo LOL I’m actually pretty excited about it! If you are new to the blog I will explain; every Sunday I post a new appetizer or football game appropriate dish that will make your next Game Day a delicious one. last year I made Chicken Teriyaki Wings, Beef Queso Dip, Cheese steak Egg rolls, and so much more. Take a look when you can!
I recently went to a Washington Redskins game that helped jump start my understanding of football…..truth be told I’ve watched it for many years unsure of what I was actually looking at LOL, but After going a preseason game I looked at my boyfriend and said “I think I like it now!” He just laughed and said Okay. Seriously though I’m kinda anxious to watch the game and see if that same enthusiasm is still there……. Only time will tell.
Now back to the Guacamole LOL, I learned how to make This dip about 5 years ago now and I have an interesting story on how I learned. I was in the grocery store with my boyfriend *yes the same one ;)* and I just finished eating Guacamole at an office party earlier that day. Needless to say I was really feenin’ for more. I saw a woman picking up avocados and said “Hey do you know how to make Guacamole?” She smiled, said yes, and told me what ingredients to buy. Over time I started to develop my own recipe and decided to add garlic to the mix. I also use the necessary basics lime juice, tomatoes, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, and of course the star ingredient avocado!
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 4 Avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (Flesh only)
- 1 finely diced Jalapeno (remove seeds in you're not a spice lover)
- 1-2 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup Red onion (diced)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Dice onion, tomato, cilantro, and jalapeno and set aside.
- Mince garlic clove and set aside.
- Add avocado, diced veggies, lime juice, salt, pepper, and garlic to a medium size bowl.
- Use a potato masher or large fork to mash all of the ingredients until fully combined. (make sure not to leave small chunks of avocado for texture)
- Serve dip with tortilla chips.
- Plate & Enjoy!
I know some people like to call there Guacamole “worlds best” but I honestly feel that’s a matter of opinion. So I will leave the award nomination up to you guys! LOL, for now just Enjoy!
Game Day: Guacamole Dip