It’s officially hump day which means another Happy Hour post is here just for you! Today I have a real treat for my drinking buddies: Spiked Blueberry Lemonade! It’s a very refreshing and tasty drink! I think you guys will truly enjoy it. I really loved the idea of adding blueberry flavor to this drink but wasn’t sure how to do it. I eventually decided that making a simple syrup with the fresh blueberries would be the best way to go. It worked out pretty well! I strained the simple syrup but you of course are more that welcome to keep the syrup intact.
Using the simple syrup to sweeten the lemon mixture was perfect! I added all of the simple syrup but of course feel free to add as much sweetness as you like. If you are in the mood for something new tonight try out this recipe; I’m sure you won’t regret it. If you decide to try this recipe please let me know how it turns out or tag me on Instagram and Twitter by using #margaritasontherocks to share your photos!
Spiked Blueberry Lemonade
The Perfect Refreshing Treat On A Hot Summers Day
Serves 4Simple Syrup Ingredients:
1/2 cup Fresh Blueberries (set aside a few for garnish),
1/2 cup Sugar,
1/2 cup Water,
1/2 cup lemon juice (2 Lemons),
1 cup of water,
1 cup Vodka (2 ounces pp),
1. Combine blueberries, water, and sugar in a small pot. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves and berries cook down.
2. Remove simple syrup from heat and run the liquid through a strainer. Set aside or place in the refrigerator to cool.
3. Juice lemons and add water.
4. Combine simple syrup, lemon mixture, vodka, and ice into a shaker.
5. Pour over ice and garnish with blueberries.