Watch me make this live on Nom!
Today is the start of Taco Tuesdays here at Margaritas On The Rocks! My Chipotle-Lime Shrimp Tacos are first on the list and absolutely delicious. Of course I used my Chipotle Sauce to cook my shrimp and give them a great flavor. For this recipe I wanted to create something that could be cooked in under 30 minutes but still house lots of flavor. I cooked these shrimp in a frying pan with olive oil. I brushed each shrimp with the chipotle sauce as they cooked. I coated the shrimp with the marinade at least three to four times as they cooked. During the cooking process I made sure to add lime juice to give the shrimp a burst of flavor.
I decided to serve them with corn tortillas, cabbage, cilantro, and avocado. I also suggest adding any toppings that fit your taste buds. Sour cream, Mexican crema, and cheese may also be great. I think this is a great meal for lunch or dinner. If you are in the mood for a little spice tonight try out this recipe; I’m sure you won’t regret it. If you decide to try this recipe please let me know how it turns out or tag me on Instagram and Twitter by using #margaritasontherocks to share your photos!
Chipotle-Lime Shrimp Tacos
Flavorful Shrimp Tacos with a Kick.
Serves 3-4 (3 Tacos PP)
1-2 lbs of Shrimp,
Cilantro for garnish,
Lime juice for flavor (1 lime),
Corn or Flour Tortillas,
Avocado for garnish,
cabbage slaw for garnish,
Salt & Pepper to taste,
1. Lightly season shrimp with salt and pepper
2. prep your garnish (avocado, cabbage, and lime) set aside.
3. Add shrimp to a oiled pan. (I used olive oil) and brush with Chipotle Marinade. Also add lime juice.
4. Continue to add the chipotle marinade while the shrimp cook. (I coated my shrimp atleast 3 to 4 times on each side.)
5. Turn shrimp over and add more chipotle and lime juice.
6. Remove shrimp from heat once completely cooked through. (Shrimp cook very quickly so be sure not to overcook.)
7. Add cabbage, avocado, cilantro, and shrimp to corn tortillas.