I wanted to do a separate post to share my chipotle marinade/sauce with you guys! Its perfect for chicken, beef, shrimp, etc. You can also use it as a sauce to spread on veggies like corn on the cob. It super delicious and simple to make. I suggest using a food processor of a mini blender; whatever you have should work well. I love using marinades that are versatile and usable with different types of proteins and vegetables. I think I will be using this marinade during our next BBQ.
- 3-4 Chipotle peppers,
- 2-3 tbsp of Adobo Sauce (I used canned chipotle peppers w/ adobe sauce),
- Salt & Pepper to taste,
- Handful of chopped cilantro,
- 1 Clove of garlic (I left my processor run and drop in the clove to get a good mincing.,
- 3 tbsp of Olive Oil,
- Juice of 1 lime
- Add garlic to running food processor.
- Add chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, salt, pepper, cilantro, and olive oil to food processor and blend until well combined.
- Remove marinade and store in airtight container or mason jar. (Marinade will last 5-7 days if stored in the refrigerator.)