Happy Monday everyone! The weekend is over and we are back to reality. Weekends for me are spent indulging a little more than I probably should in various cocktails and not so figure friendly meals. After eating everything but the table I think it’s time to fill my stomach with something other than junk. I was talking with my sister the other day and we both agreed that Mondays would be a great day to explore salad recipes. We both love salads but aren’t the best salad chefs. It all seems so simple when you think about it but making a good salad has definitely never been easy for me. Lucky for me and you this one is super simple!
Lately I have been obsessed with the flavor of chipotle and so I thought it would be fun to make a chipotle chicken chopped salad. Obviously I had to figure out a great marinade for the chicken. So I headed to the store to pick out my ingredients; chipotle peppers, garlic cilantro, etc. I wanted to add cilantro because it adds a burst of flavor to everything its like a super herb! I decided to keep the flavors simple and let the chipotle peppers be the star of the marinade. Its easy to make but the flavor pay off is absolutely delicious! Its hard to even call this a recipe because as you know with so many salads they are very easy to make. I think it goes without saying how easy it is to modify the ingredients in this salad to accommodate your taste. The marinade recipe can be found here Chipotle Marinade/Sauce.
If you decide to try this recipe please let me know how it turns out or tag me on Instagram and Twitter by using #margaritasontherocks to share your photos!
- 3/4 to 1 lb of Chicken (I used chicken breast),
- 1 Avocado chopped,
- 1 cup of Corn kernels,
- 1/4-1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (cut into fourths),
- 1/2 cup of Chopped red onion,
- 1/2 cup of Blue Cheese,
- 1 Lime cut into wedges for garnish,
- 2 cups of lettuce/greens (I used leafy romaine)
- Marinade chicken in a plastic bag for 3 hours or overnight.
- Rinse, Chop, and measure all vegetables and lettuce; set aside.
- Coat a frying pan with olive oil and heat on medium high heat. Add Chicken and cook on both sides until completely cooked through.
- Chopped chicken in to square chunks.
- Add corn kernels to pan with chicken drippings and cook for 5-10 minutes; remove from heat.
- On a platter add lettuce, tomatoes, corn, blue cheese, chicken, blue cheese, Avocado, and onion.
- Dress your salad and Enjoy!