Happy Saturday everyone! Its pretty cold here on the East Coast and if you’re anything like me stuffed french toast is just what you need to warm your soul…..now I know I know its been a while since my last post but things have been pretty busy lately and I come bearing gifts.
Now this stuffed french toast recipe is super delicious and pretty easy to make. If you are eating healthier due to your New Years resolution sorry I’m not sorry 😜 for tempting you with this dish; but trust me I understand your pain because I have also made a commitment to eat healthier and lose weight…….but for now lets just enjoy this deliciously stuffed slice of french toast and indulge ourselves just a little this Saturday morning.
Description of your recipe.
1 loaf of fresh Italian or french bread,
3/4-1 cup Cream cheese,
1 cup Carnation evaporated milk,
2 cups Strawberries or fruit of your choice (1/3 reserved for topping),
1/2 tsp Cinnamon,
1/2 cup Brown Sugar,
1 tsp Vanilla,
1. Slice bread into 1-1.5 inch slices and make slits down the center of each slice to form pockets for the cream cheese filling.
*Be very careful not to cut too deep; midway works just fine*
2. In a medium to large bowl whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until fully combined. Set aside.
3. In a medium saucepan add strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, compote and water? Bring to a boil and simmer until compote forms
4. In a separate bowl blend strawberry
compote and cream cheese until well blended. (I used an electric blender).
5. Stuff each slice of bread with about 1-2 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture.
6. Heat a large skillet or griddle on medium to medium high heat and add about a 1 tbsp of butter to the pan.
7. While pan is heating; dip about 3 slices into the egg mixture and make sure its evenly coated. Add to the pan and cook on each side until golden brown (about 3 to 4 mins).
*Be sure to whisk egg mixture once more before adding bread slices.)
8. Plate and Enjoy!