Good morning everyone and happy game day! I am super excited to bring you this recipe because not only is it super easy but it’s also super delicious! There’s nothing crazy special about this dish but I think everyone can appreciate the taste of breaded and fried cheese lol.
Now I absolutely recommend double breading and freezing your mozzarella sticks before frying to ensure that they hold their shape….otherwise the cheese may ooze completely out of the breading and you will literally be left with just fried cheese…..but then again that might actually be delicious 🙂
Anywho this recipe is definitely a must try. I promise promise promise that you won’t be disappointed at all! If you decide to try this recipe please let me know how it turns out or tag me on Instagram and Twitter by using #crystalchanning to share your photos!
Simply put who doesn’t love fried cheese?.
8 oz Low moisture mozzarella cheese,
1/4 tsp Black pepper,
1/4 tsp Onion powder,
1/4 tsp Garlic powder,
1/2 cup Flour,
1 Cup Breadcrumbs (I used seasoned),
1. The easiest way to make these sticks is to create an assembly line with all of the ingredients.
2. Mix flour, black pepper, onion and garlic powder on a large plate until well combined.
3. Fill another large plate with breadcrumbs.
4. Beat two eggs in a bowl and set aside.
5. Assembly line should be mozzarella, flour, eggs, breadcrumbs and baking sheet.
6. Dip each mozzarella stick into the flour, egg, breadcrumbs, egg, and breadcrumbs again (repeat until all cheese sticks are breaded). Place the breaded sticks onto a baking sheet and place in the freeze for 30-45 minutes.
7. Heat oil in a frying pan or deep fryer and cook mozzarella sticks until golden brown.(You can test the oil by dropping a few breadcrumbs into the oil; if they begin to sizzle the oil is ready).
8. Remove sticks from oil and place on paper towels to drain access oil.
9. Serve with marinara or dipping sauce of your choice.
10. Plate and enjoy!
***If you prefer shorter mozzarella sticks you may want to cut the sticks in half***