Watch me make this live! http://l.nom.com/UlDk/CQdIXTz9Gw
Good Morning! I’m starting a new segment on the blog that highlights some of my favorite brunch dishes. Holiday season has begun and for me I believe everything is made with love, care, and extra decadence! Preparing meals for family and friends during this time of year is one of my favorite things to do.
In my house brunch is considered a very fun and special treat. If we can’t go out to get it; we make it at home while pulling out all the stops! Mimosas-check!, home fries-check!, a main dish that makes you wanna slap your mama after one bite-check! For the record no ones slapping there mama around here lol.
So ideally for brunch you want to create meals that you wouldn’t have the pleasure of eating on normal days throughout the week. Well I don’t know about you but its not that often that I have quiche for breakfast, lunch, or dinner on a ordinary week day. The great thing about this recipe is you can switch out the ingredients for whatever you want.
This quiche is simple yet delicious, I’ve made it more than a few times for special brunch occasions and its always a hit! If you decide to try this recipe please let me know how it turns out or tag me on Instagram and Twitter by using #crystalchanning to share your photos!
Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche
2 Cups Broccoli
1/2 cups Heavy cream or milk
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 pie crust (9 inches)
8 oz cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp Melted butter
1/3 cup minced onion
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Saute onions, garlic, and broccoli until onions vegetables are soft.
3. Mix eggs, milk, melted butter, and seasonings in a large bowl until well combined.
4. Layer the bottom of the pie crust with shredded cheese.
5. Add Vegetables to the pie crust and spread around evenly.
6. Add more cheese on top of the vegetables; pour egg mixture into the pie crust and top with more cheese.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until set.
8. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
9. Plate and Enjoy!
Brunch Lovin’ Saturdays: Broccoli & Cheddar Quiche
-Crystal Channing 🍷