Happy Thursday Everyone! Today I would like to share with you my Auntie Deb’s chicken pot pie recipe. Its a delicious meal for any day of the week, but it’s especially filling on those cold windy days. I cooked this pot pie for Sunday dinner and everyone loved it! I have to admit that during the process of making this recipe I was very excited to taste the finished product. The chicken, veggies, and flaky crust were all calling my name by the time I pulled the pie out of the oven.
My Auntie’s recipe works really well for those nights or days where you don’t have the time to spend hours in the kitchen. The instructions are simple and easy but there’s nothing simple about the flavor and taste this chicken pot pie produces. If you decide to try this recipe please let me know how it turns out or tag me on Instagram and Twitter by using #crystalchanning to share your photos!
Chicken Pot Pie
1 Rotisserie chicken (CHOPPED)
1 10 oz Can cream of mushroom soup
1 10 oz Can of cream of chicken soup
2 Boxes of chicken broth
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Sweet basil
1 Onion (chopped)
2 cups Frozen mixed vegetables
½ tsp Garlic powder
Salt and pepper to season
2 Pillsbury already pie dough
1 cup Milk
1 tbsp Cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Mix soups, milk, seasoning and broth together in a saucepan and cook on medium high heat for 10 minutes.
3. Add cornstarch to broth and allow mixture to thicken.
4. Add chicken and mixed vegetables, cook for 10-20 minutes on low and allow to simmer.
5. Grease a glass baking dish with butter and place one of the pie dough crusts in the pan and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Pour the chicken broth mixture into the baking dish and add the second pie dough crust to the top of the baking dish.
7. Cut slits into the dough to release the steam from the pie.
8. Bake for 45 minutes; remove from oven allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
9. Plate and Enjoy!
-Crystal Channing 🍷