Happy Game Day guys!! First I must apologize for my absence over the last couple of weeks. I have been a little under the weather lately and am just getting back to normal…. but today I am back and ready to share a new recipe! Pizza is one of my favorite things to eat and I think its even more fitting during a football game. I guess you can say that I go for a more generic approach when it comes to toppings; but hey I’m a simple gal who likes what she likes.
For this pizza I added green peppers, mushrooms, onions, ground turkey, and turkey pepperoni. If you decide to try this recipe please let me know how it turns out or tag me on Instagram and Twitter by using #crystalchanning to share your photos!
Pizza toppings (Topping for two 15″ pizzas)
24 oz Shredded mozzarella cheese
small red onion thinly sliced
small green bell pepper (sliced into thin strips)
2 cups of sliced mushrooms
Pizza Sauce (Yields enough sauce for two 15″ pizzas)
6 oz Can of tomato paste
15 oz Can of tomato sauce
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp Onion powder
1-2 tbsp of Olive oil
1 tsp Dried basil
1 tsp Dried oregano
Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl mix tomato paste, tomato sauce, all seasonings, and olive oil until well combined.
2. Heat in a saucepan on low heat and allow sauce to simmer; make sure to stir occasionally.
3. Heat sauce for 20-30 minutes and remove from heat. Allow to cool completely before adding to the pizza dough.
Pizza Dough (Makes 1 15″ pizza)
1-3/4 to 2 cups flour
1 envelope of pizza yeast
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup very warm water (120 degrees Fahrenheit to 130 degrees Fahrenheit)
3 tbsp oil (I used olive oil)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
2. combine flour, yeast, salt, and sugar in a bowl and mix.
3. Add oil and water to the dry mixture and mix well.
4. Add remaining flour and continue to mix until dough begins to form; roll out onto floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. (About 4 minutes)
5. Form dough into pizza crust by carefully stretching and forming dough into a circle until desired size is reached.
6. Brush the entire pizza crust with oil before adding toppings.
7. Add Sauce and toppings to the crust and bake on the bottom rack for 12-15 minutes. (Crust will turn golden brown)
8. I brush my crust with more oil after removing it from the oven.
9. Slice, Plate, and Enjoy!
*As always I encourage you to use whatever ingredients you are most comfortable using; and add as much or as little as you taste buds desire*
-Crystal Channing 🍷