This week I decided to continue with the egg roll tradition by sharing my Buffalo egg rolls recipe with you. I made these egg rolls about a year ago and decided to make them again.
Buffalo and blue cheese seem to compliment game day pretty well! If you love Buffalo wings you will love this recipe. I know I do! 😉 If you decide to try this recipe please let me know how they turn out or tag me on Instagram or Twitter by using #crystalchanning to share your photos!
10 egg roll wrappers (I used Nasoya)
1 lb Cooked shredded chicken (I used chicken breast tenders)
3/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot Wings Buffalo sauce (you can adjust the amount depending on your taste buds)
1/4 tsp Onion powder
4 oz Blue cheese crumbles
Small bowl of water (for sealing)
Cooking oil spray
Blue cheese or Ranch dressing for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Mix onion powder and Frank’s sauce until well combined.
3. In a saucepan heat Frank’s sauce mixture and shredded chicken until heated through then remove from heat.
Egg Roll Assembly (I find it easy to place the ingredients into an assembly line: blue cheese crumbles, chicken/sauce mixture, egg roll wrappers, and water)
1. Working with one wrapper place a tablespoon of the chicken mixture and blue cheese crumbles in one corner of the egg roll wrap.
2. Use your finger to add water to the edges of the wrapper and begin rolling like a burrito making sure to tuck in the ends as you reach the center point of the wrapper.
3. Once you reach the end of the wrapper add more water to seal the egg roll. Repeat this process until all of your egg rolls are assembled.
4. Place egg rolls onto a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Spray tops of the egg rolls with cooking spray and bake for 8-10 minutes on one side and 5-7 minutes on the other side until golden brown.
6. Serve with a side of ranch or blue cheese dressing and Enjoy!
-Crystal Channing 🍷