Happy Sunday!!! I don’t know about you but one of my favorite foods to eat when I’m at a bar or as an appetizer are wings; It’s literally my go to menu item. There’s so many different flavors and variations that I can’t help but love them.
Today’s game day recipe is something I think you may enjoy. My Honey Teriyaki Wings are sweet, savory, and delicious! I strongly encourage you to try this recipe. If you decide to try this recipe please let me know how they turn out or tag me on Instagram or Twitter by using #margaritasontherocks to share your photos! Happy Football Sunday everyone I hope you enjoy your game day!
Honey Teriyaki Chicken Wings
8-10 chicken wings (drumettes & wingettes)
1/3 Cup Teriyaki marinade & sauce
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 Tsp Garlic powder
1/3 Cup Honey
1 Tbsp Brown sugar (I used light brown)
1 Tsp Onion Powder
1/4 Tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 Tsp Ginger
Set these two ingredients aside until wings are completely cooked.
1 Tbsp Cornstarch
1 Tbsp water
1. Wisk all of the ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
2. Evenly divide the marinade into two bowls. Cover one bowl with plastic wrap and set aside or in the fridge.
3. Toss the chicken wings in the marinade mixture until completely coated.
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
5. Remove chicken wings from the refrigerator and remove from marinade.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Place wings in a roasting pan and pour unused marinade in the pan to re-coat the wings.
8. Cook uncovered for 30 minutes on one side and 15 minutes on the other side or until caramelized.
9. Mix flour and water until completely combined in a small bowl and set aside.
10. Remove wings from the oven and drain marinade into a small saucepan. Stir in flour mixture until well combined and cook on medium to medium high heat until sauce thickens, about 5-10 minutes. (Make sure to constantly stir mixture, do not leave unattended)
11. Once the mixture has thickened add wings to sauce pan. Add sesame seeds and carefully stir wings in the sauce until evenly coated.
12. Plate wings with sauce and Enjoy!
-Crystal Channing 🍷