Have you ever wanted a really good drink? Yeah me too! ….pretty much everyday of my life. …well not everyday but yes most days 😉
One of my favorite drinks would have to be the MARGARITA; Hence my IG name and blog description “Margaritasontherocks”. Anyone who knows me can tell you that I love love love this drink! Frozen or on the rocks, lime or mango, salt or sugar rim….its ALL DELICIOUS.
I have been looking for new ways to make fresh fruit margaritas without adding all of the extra sugar. Recently I was working on a strawberry margarita recipe and decided I wanted to add a little something extra; so I incorporated basil into the mix and I literally have no words to describe how absolutely delicous this drink was.
It was absolutely delicous and refreshing! Hands down one of the best drinks I’ve made in a while. Its so good I dare you to try it…..trust me you won’t be disappointed!
Recipe listed below
Strawberry Basil Margarita (yields 2 servings)
4 Ounces of tequila (I used silver José Cuervo)
2 Ounce of Triple sec
Juice from half a lime 2 Tbsp Agave nectar
6-7 Fresh basil leaves (set aside 3 basil leaves for garnish)
Handful of strawberries
Sea salt for rimming of glasses
1. Rinse basil leaves and place them in a cocktail shaker.
2. Wash and blend strawberries and agave nectar. (I used my bullet blender) Add strawberry puree to the cocktail shaker.
3. Use a muddler or wooden spoon to muddle the basil and strawberry puree.
4. Squeeze the juice from half a lime into the shaker.
5. Measure and poor tequila and triple sec into the shaker.
6. Add ice and shake until chilled.
7. Use lime wedge to rim the cocktail glasses; add sea salt to the rims of the glasses.
8. Garnish rim with basil leaf and lime wedge.
9. Add ice to the glasses and poor even amounts of margarita into both glasses.
10. Thinly slice 1 basil leaf and mix into the margarita as garnish.